Center Console…More Progress!

Posted on

Every day I get closer and closer to completion.  Heres what I did today!

 

Screwed on my modified mounting brackets to the face plate.

IMG_5761

 

The idea is that I can lower the face down onto the bolts that are screwed into sides of the center console.

 

IMG_5756

 

IMG_5774

The cool thing about this is that my dream of having no visible screws seems to be coming closer to fruition.

 

I also did some grinding of the face for better fitment.  I also made sure the cubby fit just right.

 

I also removed the old center brace and bolted on my brace that will also be where I bolt on the radio support.

 

IMG_5785

 

Here are some more pics of the state of things now.  The next steps will be cut the gauge holes out.  Cut the hazard switch hole and the electric fan switch hole.  Buy the gauges (will do a full writeup on that!).  Bondo, sand, primer and paint the face of the console.  Bondo, sand, primer and paint the shift surround.  Cover the sides in a nice leather like vinyl, then do a final assembly, then install in the car!

IMG_5789

 

IMG_5790
IMG_5789

Click here for the next chapter!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nine − five =